Sunday, January 01, 2006

Happy New Year

The knowledge of time, the wisdom of the ages, and the art of life. Here we are ready to begin yet another year in this great age of humanity. What will this new year bring? I am sure that it will bring many failed resolutions. It is the natural evolution of things. But what is more important, what gives us hope, are those resolutions that do not fail. As for me, mine will have to wait a little bit longer. My introduction to this wonderful new year... not so wonderful.

Friday morning, the beginning of a 4-day repreive from the daily machinations of work, I awoke with a cold. After doing a little research on the Internet, I also discovered that due to the medication that I am taking I shouldn't be using Advil, Dayquil, or Nyquil. My holy grail of health! I made it through the day playing "The Sims 2" and sleeping. The first day is never the worst.

Saturday, well, suck. I tried repeating the win-win formula of day 1, but the cold was much stronger. I did manage some "Sims 2" again, and snuck in an episode of "The O.C.", but my day was overshadowed by the constant nose blowing and, even worse, the headache. It was hurting so bad by 4pm that I had to sleep for a few hours. When I got up, within an hour it was even worse. I sat in front of the TV for a little while with an ice pack strapped to my head - thankfully I chose not to take any pictures! Finally, it must have been around 9pm, I had to go back to sleep. I just couldn't face the world anymore.

My sister, Traci, did go to the store for me and bring me some stuff around lunch time. So a big thank you to her for that!

And here we are, Sunday morning. I can feel the cold working it's way out, definitely making my way back to normal. I think I'll get there just in time to be back to work on Tuesday. Lucky me :). I suppose I can enjoy the symbology of it all. Ending a crappy year on a crappy note, and beginning a new year with mending and the hope for a better tomorrow.

This year really has the potential to be a great year for me. Can I do it? We'll see.

I hope you all have a happy new year, and may all of your dreams come true!

Ed.

No comments: