Thursday, January 12, 2006

The Collector

My break from chess was rather short lived this time. It never happened. Although I was convinced that I needed one, I found that instead switching from playing 1.d4 to 1.e4 for a game was really all I needed. Just a little change. Sometimes it's enough.

Speaking of change, I'm a collector. I collect all kinds of change. I really have no logical reason for collecting change, so I guess it's more of an addiction. That or just some weird thing that I can't help but do, like most things in life. Kind of like noticing that someone has something stuck on their pants and trying to let them know. Though you'd expect that if you tell someone they have something stuck on their pants they'd be thankful for it. Instead what happens is that they think you're some weird freak for noticing they had something stuck on their pants in the first place. At least I don't collect things that people have stuck on their pants. That would be weird.

I enjoyed my day today - and I'm planning the same for tomorrow. Let's hope for the best!

Ed.

No comments: