Friday, January 13, 2006

Life, or something like it

Time is always against us. I know, you're probably expecting a little more from that comment. Sorry, that's it. Time is always against us. It's not that I don't want to say more. I'm just a little too lazy right now to think about it.

I was half paying attention to Jeopardy tonight when they mentioned the following: Back in his early years in the NBA Michael Jordan's coach told him that there is no "I" in "TEAM". To which Michael replied, "But there is an I in WIN". I can't vouch for the accuracy of it, but what can I say, I love Michael Jordan. I was never a big watcher of sports on TV, but in the mid-90's I got into basketball because of Michael Jordan and tried to never miss a game. I just loved to watch him play.

Speaking of TV, I finally watched last nights episode of "The Office". I'd like to say that I thought it was as funny as most people told me, but I just can't. The "foot" really ruined it for me. As much as I try to overcome it, I just don't like feet. Especially if that foots been cut and burned by a George Foreman grill. I actually worked my dinner around watching it, because I knew that I wouldn't want to be anywhere near food while I was watching.

Finally, I have to say that I hate driving in bad weather. Everyone on the road seems to forget how to drive. I was on the highway between Northampton and Hatfield and the amount of constant breaking everyone was doing, as well as the constant speed up to 70, slam on the breaks to get down to 50 really fast, speed back up, was driving me nuts. If there was anyone in the lane next to me I would have had an accident. At one point I had to slam on my breaks because the car in front of me - with noone in front of them - decided they had to slow down... fast. Since I then had to do the same, my car skid a little into the other lane. After that I just stayed far away from everyone. Earlier I was lucky enough to get behind this car on Elm street that thought it would be fun to stop at every crosswalk, even with no people waiting to cross. I found that immensely enjoyable as well. That and the fact that they seemed to be going exactly where I was going.

Now I'm going to bed. Tomorrow is looking to be less than ideal, but I'll get into that tomorrow. For now, I think I'll go to sleep. Another day...

Ed.

No comments: