Thursday, January 19, 2006

Marshmellow's on Mars

There is no I in FOOL, but that doesn't mean that I'm not one (and yes, I know a few words that there is an I in... idiot, imbecile, incompetent, ... I'm familiar with the I words). It was an interesting revelation. I left work by 5:40 because I had to get to the pharmacy a little extra early. I didn't want them to close early on me again. Granted, that's only giving me an extra 5 minutes or so on Tuesday, but come on. The sign says they close at 6. So I get there and, as sure as there are big fluffy marshmellow's on mars, the sign was off again. Not to be deterred a second time, I decided to try the door anyway. Open!

I told Pam I'd pick up a power converter for her before she heads off to Thailand. I stopped at my mother's house on the way to my guitar lesson and started searching walmart.com. Nothing. That wasn't part of my plan. Nothing. So while Bruce and I were jamming away I made a comment to him about it. His reply... "Radio Shack". Genius! I never even thought of it. So on my way home I stopped at radio shack - luckily before they closed - and picked up a couple of things. Oh, and in case anyone asks, it turns out I'm the one going to Thailand for 6 weeks on vacation. Don't worry, I'll be baaack!

Alright, it's time to face another day.

Ed.

No comments: