Monday, January 16, 2006

Next Time

It was the best of times, it was the worst of times. I don't know why, but sometimes it really turns out that way. As paradoxical as that may sound. Today just seemed like one of those days. I had many great moments, but I still couldn't escape that overall feeling of "blah". Heck, sometimes it's almost 50 in the middle of January, but usually it's not. Though as I continue that elusive search for myself this year, one thing certainly becomes clearer... I'm bound to find something.

So what's going on in the chess world these days? Why, the Corus Chess Tournament 2006 in Wijk aan Zee, Holland of course! I did spend some time Sunday morning watching the games in progress. It was actually a lot of fun. I'm not usually a big fan of watching chess games that are being played... too slow for me if I'm not the one playing, but watching the game that Michael Adams was playing against Vesselin Topalov was just too good to pass up. Topalov is the current FIDE Champion, as well as the #2 rated player in the world (#1 if you don't count Kasparov who is recently retired), and Michael Adams won an amazing game against him. Not that Michael Adams is any slouch either.

If you're interested: http://www.coruschess.com/

I learned a lot about how 4-wheel drive works today too. When I say a lot, I actually mean very little, but compared to what I knew before I'm calling it a lot. I always wanted to get All Wheel Drive, just because it seems cooler, but life led me down another path. In case you were curious, All Wheel Drive really is cooler. Better, Stronger, Faster, and definitely not $6 million dollars. Maybe next time.

Speaking of next time... we'll see you then!

Ed.

No comments: