Saturday, January 07, 2006

Oh What a Night

So I'm driving home from my mother's house, planning to stop at Walmart on the way to pick up "Wedding Crashers". I'm stopped at the intersection of Finn Street and Route 5 (King Street), at the light waiting to take a left onto King. The car in front of me takes a right, so I get right to the front of the line. The light, well, it's red. The car behind me wants to take a right so they start trying to edge around me. They can't. If you're familiar with that street, it's really a one lane. They start honking. And honking. And honking. I figured they just didn't realize that I could hear them, so I wave. Apparently they didn't see me wave, because they kept honking. I'm guessing that they wanted me to pull out into King street and get hit by an oncoming car so that they could take their right without waiting for the light. It didn't happen.

Walmart was uneventful, mostly. In addition to the movie I picked up birthday cards for my brother and sister, and an extra one. I just couldn't pass it up. It was great. I think it was the funniest card that I've ever seen. I can't talk about why right now, so I'll try to remember to follow up on that later next week. Until then, you'll just have to take my word for it.

As for Wedding Crashers... I loved it! So did my buddy Domino. He actually made it all the way through the movie, so we might catch another one tonight.

Hope you're having a great weekend! I'm not really expecting one - too much going on so not enough time for me. You know how much I love that me time!

Until next time,

Ed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A good "Brushway" for the Finn street incident would have been to stall the car once the light turned green, and of course have a heck of a time restarting. Or maybe throw it into reverse and start inching backwards towards them. Or maybe start honking right back at them. Or, once the light turned green, take the right but ever so slowly. Or take the high road and just ignore the obnoxious bastard!!