Tuesday, December 27, 2005

and sometimes it just stinks

I was a little disappointed this holiday season at the lack of celebration around my favorite holiday - Chrismika. I suppose if you really stop to contemplate the validity of such a holiday, and compare it with the rest of the world's favorite holiday (Festivus) you'll find that you've got some issues. Festivus, I dare say, is cool. Unfortunately, in the world of fake holidays, I think it's too cool. So again I am at a loss. For a world that's supposed to be all about me it really seems to keep letting me down.

In other news - I forgot to mention that my sister eats with her mouth open. I know, not the kind of thing that I should be announcing to the world. Still, I felt you should know. She doesn't believe it, of course. So I took some pictures. I can't post them, I'd rather not make her mad. Come to think of it, she was getting mad simply because I kept pointing out when she had her mouth open. Denial, it's a terrible thing.

At work today Jim, Kip, and I went out to lunch. We got into my truck and I noticed what I thought was a distinguishable odor coming from the passenger side of my truck. It wasn't so unusual, Jim's had issues in the past. I won't discuss it in any specific detail because, heck, we've all had our issues ;). Finally, as we were getting down closer to King Street Jim opened up the window a crack. I thought to myself, finally! I didn't want to say anything and embarrass the guy, but wow! I was glad he noticed too. The smell stayed away until we got back to the hospital. I have no idea what it was, but it wasn't Jim. Jim was convinced that I had something dead and rotting in my truck, I was convinced it was Jim. Fortunately, we were both wrong. In the end... we laughed about it. While walking quickly away from the suffocating smell, of course.

Only a few days left for those New Years Resolutions. Get those lists ready!

Ed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jim seems to recall that he thought it was a re-occurance of a "Young" problem Ed once had, not something dead or rotting......and we'll leave it that, stinky feet and all!