Saturday, December 03, 2005

The Road Rage

From road rage to rampage, it has certainly been a memorable weekend. Friday night I couldn't help but wonder why we couldn't outlaw idiocy. Especially if you're behind the wheel of a car. Caught behind a train on Damon Road during rush hour, you'd be amazed at how many people think that honking and piling up into a 1 lane road might somehow help the situation. After stopping by the VNA to visit John I moved on down Market Street and happened across another traffic backup. The cars were all the way to market street from the lights by Dunkin Donuts. Not so unimaginable, since the street isn't so long there. But this one guy who was 2 cars back on Market Street waiting to turn left decided he shouldn't have to wait anymore. So while I was driving straight down the street, he figured he'd pull in front of me to "pile up" in the line on the next street. I can only imagine how pleased the car in front of him was as well. I also came across your typical idiots who think they can turn left when there's no left turn while cars are starting to pile up behind them because it's never going to happen, and the classic I can turn left with a red light because the cars that are going to start coming at me will wait because they wouldn't be stupid enough to hit me. Yep, in an amazingly short period of time I saw more stupidity than your average person can handle. It darn near brought me to the edge myself.

Drive Safely!

Ed.

No comments: