Saturday, December 03, 2005

The Rampage

I stopped by the Chess Club tonight planning to only stay for a few minutes. I ended up spending about an hour and a half with Larry going over the following game between Karpov and Kavalek from 1974:

http://www.chessgames.com/perl/chessgame?gid=1067854

It's interesting, since the ending in the book is slightly different then on the site. It was interesting to see a lot of the possible sidelines and commentary by Karpov (not available through the link above, they were in the book).

Next Saturday starting at 6pm we're going to be having a $5 G/30 unrated event at the club, with either 1 or 2 sections based upon the number of players. That should be fun. I guess I'll have to be sure to get out of bed that day.

As for the rampage, well, I guess that depends upon your view. Since the club is at the Northampton Burger King, I decided to pick up a couple of PLAIN bacon double cheeseburgers on my way home. When I got home I sat down to play a little poker and eat. It was shortly thereafter that I noticed this funny taste. That's right, apparently in some parts of the world PLAIN doesn't actually mean PLAIN, it means put everything on it anyway because who would actually want a PLAIN burger. Hello burger, meet trash. Suck!!!

The good news, I proceeded to take 1st place in a 2-table $10 tournament, winning $80.

I Rock!

I hope you enjoyed your Saturday.

Ed.

No comments: