Wednesday, December 14, 2005

The Chess, The Girl, and The Island

Apparently I'm not all that I thought I was cracked up to be. Nope, not even close. I showed Bob my chess problem today (posted a few days ago) and asked him if he could find the mate in two. He looked at it, and said "If I put my queen here that's check.". Then he thought about it for a minute and said "no, I think that's checkmate.". So there you have it, Mate in 1 not 2 as I had suggested. I am a little surprised that my friends out in Oregon didn't have anything to say about that one... sleeping on the job again? As for me, well, I guess it's time to get back to my studies. I wonder if Bob's taking students?

For some reason I always forget when I park my truck in the closer lot at work. I was following this girl down to the lower lot tonight (6:30pm, it was cold and dark out), and as we got close to her vehicle (because it was the only one near where she was walking to - I was probably about 10 feet behind) I realized that mine wasn't around. Oops. I didn't want to seem like some weird crazy stalker or anything so I did the only think I could think of. I spoke. I know, usually a mistake. In this particular case, she offered me a ride back to my truck, which I politely turned down. What can I say, I'm an idiot.

I watched "The Island", courtesy of Kip, tonight when I got home from my guitar lesson and WalMart trip, so that was about 9pm. It was a longer movie at 2:15, but if you like sci-fi I actually enjoyed it. I also picked up a new movie while I was at WalMart. I haven't watched it yet so I can't talk about it. That and I can't remember what it was. I know, lame. What can I say? I'm a movie addict.

Ed.

No comments: