Friday, December 09, 2005

Drivers "Ed"

The traffic light had just turned red as I pull to a stop at the corner of Main and South. I wanted to take a right to head towards my mothers house and figured I'd take it easy given the weather. Since there were cars going through the Intersection and people waiting to cross the street I figured I'd wait until I had the green light. First it was the cars waiting on State Street to my left, then the people crossing Main Street as the cars on the other side took their left down South. Finally the light turned green for everyone going straight, and the people started crossing South as they had their walk sign. The light would be turning green any second.

As I prepared to inch forward, I was immediately cut off by this car coming from somewhere behind me. They pulled right in front of me and stopped, having to wait for the people to cross the street. I'm not exactly sure how this happened, other than they must of decided that I was an ass for waiting and decided to cut through the lane going straight to cut me off at the turn. I could tell you all the thoughts going through my mind at this point, but it's for the best if you simply use your imagination. Trust me, mine's better!

The light turns green and I immediately decide to pull a Brushway. I accelerate quickly and find myself very close to their car and I really, really, really want to push the gas and see how far I can make them fly. Instead I find myself contemplating the poor road conditions and decide that I'm just being stupid. Which, by the way, ruined the Brushway. So I back off and follow them at a safe distance. As I see them prepare to get into the mini-left lane to go down Old South Street, I proceed to drive as fast as possible past them. All the while thinking nasty, nasty thoughts. I don't think I'll ever understand why there are so many idiot drivers out there.

What can I say. Welcome to Winter!

Enjoy the ride.

Ed.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Truth of the matter is, the latest definition of a "Brushway" is to curse loudly at the other driver, (with your windows shut) not tailgate, not honk the horn, but do drive past them very fast at the first chance, preferably showing them that they are number one in your book, again with the windows up. Then explain to the wife, who has been and still is giving you "the look", that you are not experiencing Road age, you were very calm. I'm just the damn chauffeu, those who get free rides should not complain....

Anonymous said...

Do you have a teen driver? These magnets are great, easy to put on and take off. Perfect for the teenager driving under a permit. The magnets alert other drivers to be patient and aware that a new driver is behind the wheel. A must for every new driver. Visit AutoSafetyMagnets today!

Anonymous said...

Do you have a teen driver? These magnets are great, easy to put on and take off. Perfect for the teenager driving under a permit. The magnets alert other drivers to be patient and aware that a new driver is behind the wheel. A must for every new driver. Visit AutoSafetyMagnets today!

Anonymous said...

If you have a teenager driving under a permit, the safety magnets at Auto Safety Magnets are such a great idea. They are easy to put on and take off and alert other drivers that there is a new driver behind the wheel.