Thursday, December 15, 2005

The not-so-handy man can!

I watched "Melinda and Melinda" tonight. It was the movie I was talking about yesterday that I was pretty excited about. How was it? I really don't know. I didn't really like it that much, but I don't want to admit it. That and I'm trying to avoid four letter words tonight.

So, earlier today when I got home I was thinking about making some dinner. I was strongly considering making some rice, or possibly some pasta. Not the complicated real stuff you might be familiar with, the kind that comes in boxes or other packages. My skills are limited. Boil water, add contents and stir. I can do that. Unfortunately, I was the recipient of a nasty smell. I just couldn't figure it out. I was convinced that it was coming from my sink, so I cleaned it. The smell just wouldn't go away. So I did what any self respecting not-so-handy man would do... I ignored it. Oh, and I ordered Domino's too. Who wants to cook in a smelly kitchen?

Later, as I was getting some water out of the fridge, I happened to step on something. I figured it was the wrapping from my DVD that must have missed the trash or something. Nope, a little bit of water. I looked a little closer and, as my luck would have it, that little bit of water was a huge puddle in my kitchen. Then the light when off. This has happened before. It's been sooooo long that I forgot all about it. If I don't periodically run my dishwasher then dirty, smelly, disgusting water slowly backs up in it until finally it starts leaking out all over my kitchen floor. It's a very slow process, I think it's been a year since the last great flood.

At least, once identified, it's a problem that's familiar to me, and one that I know how to fix. Running the dishwasher through a cycle and cleaning all the water off the floor. Magic!

Speaking of magic, I've got a few more spells to cast.

Enjoy you're night, I know I am!

Ed.

No comments: