Thursday, December 01, 2005

Whoa, and so much more.

I was ready for a pretty sad, pathetic, miserable end to an otherwise interesting day... but instead I chanced upon watching a few minutes of "Will & Grace" and hit upon the following nugget of an insipid exchange of verbal expressionism:

For reference, EB is not me, it's Ed Burns playing the "hunky greeting card writer". Granted, I am hunky and I could write greeting cards.

Grace: "What!? You're serious. You write greeting cards?"
EB: "I prefer to think of them as extremely short stories."
Grace: "OK, I'm going to try and be careful here about what I say next because I don't want to offend you, but your job is lame."
EB: "And ahhh, I'm guessing by the rows of fabric and the tassles that you work for UNICEF?"
Grace: "At least I don't perpetuate the myth that if you're not in love in the middle of February that there's something wrong with you."
EB: "And the real myth must be that February 14th is the only day that you're unpleasant and bitter."
Grace: "Whoa."

What can I say, it almost brought the tears to my eyes.

As my luck would have it, I also had the fortuitiveness of experiencing cupid's arrow today. It turns out that cupid... not as good a shot as one might expect. I can still feel it. Not to worry though, just because one is taken from the path does not mean that they have lost their way.

Ed.

No comments: