Tuesday, April 18, 2006

The Project

Wow - so much accomplished today. But still so many problems. The problem that I'm running into is with my "unmakemove" function. It works until it gets more than 2 ply deep... then it starts messing up some of the bitboards. I've been going back and forth for hours before I finally figured out what was happening. But finally midnight hit and I had to go to bed. As these things go, as soon as I got to bed a thought occured to me. So back I went. It's still not fixed, but I can't be up all night. Duty, or work, calls.

I've gotten it to play a game of chess... but it's not fully functional yet (doesn't understand check, etc...) and as noted above has some serious issues at the moment. But within the next few days it should be good. It figures, now all I want to do is keep going on this thing. What happens to all that motivation when you have it scheduled?

Enjoy the week!

Ed.

No comments: