Wednesday, April 19, 2006

DubiousQuality

This ones from Bill at DubiousQuality (dubiousquality.blogspot.com):

Weird Friday
I was in Barnes and Nobles last week, killing a little time in the music section, when I noticed a guy at the counter. I noticed him because he was pretty enthusiastic and was talking to the clerk at a volume that was hard to ignore. He was a mid-40's guy, like me, and had shoulder-length, wavy hair and a soul patch.

Again, just like me. Or maybe not.

Anyway, he was telling the clerk that he was a singer/songwriter. The clerk asked him what kind of music, and the guy said "I play Dylanesque songs with a gothic feel."

That's one of those sentences where I feel like English is a foreign language. I mean, I know what each of those words individually mean, but the sentence itself is gibberish to me. He could have said "I wear underpants outside my jeans and own a draft horse who farms corn" and it would have made more sense.

Can you imagine what would happen if I tried this? I'd walk into a gaming store and chat up the clerk, then say "I write about gaming."

He'd say "Oh, really? What do you write about?"

"Games, mostly. And, um, my ass."
posted by Bill Harris @ 9:54 AM

No comments: