Tuesday, April 04, 2006

The Bishop and the Bitboard

I've discovered the problem. Impossible. Ok, assuming nothing is impossible, impractical then. I was trying to do something that people just don't do. I have another solution now. I'll have to try that one tonight. It has to work. I have to move on. I'm going crazy. Nuts. Mad. Insane. Help!!!!!

I dream about it. It's weird. Very weird. Imagine trying to solve such a problem while you're at a bowling alley, with a big crowded pool hall right out in the open, with someone trying to shoot pool on the floor... only it's not exactly pool. They are trying to hit the cue ball off all the other tables in the pool hall and have it come back to them. Worse of all, Jim wants to bowl with you. I'm telling you, it's not normal.

You want to wake up. You figure it's your only way out. The only problem is, you won't let yourself get up until you've solved the problem. But the truth is, you're really not in the right state of mind to solve the problem. How could you be? You're in a bowling alley, with a pool hall, with someone trying to shoot pool on the floor... only it's not exactly pool. They are trying to hit the cue ball off all the other tables in the pool hall and have it come back to them. Worse of all, Jim wants to bowl with you. What state of mind would you be in?

Finally, like a miracle from above, the alarm goes off. It's across the room so you can only ignore it for so long. There is no other option. You will get out of bed.

Welcome to the story of my life.

Enjoy the ride!

Ed.

No comments: