Wednesday, October 11, 2006

World Championship Update

The match is tied 5.5-5.5. Today is a rest day so the final game will be played tomorrow (Thursday). If the result is another draw, then Friday is the tiebreaks day. If it goes to tiebreaks, as I mentioned before, the time controls get quicker and quicker. The absolute final game, if it gets that far, would be an armageddon game. I have no idea how to spell that word!

What that would mean is that the chess world championship would be decided by a game of blitz chess! I hope it doesn't come to that, because it seems a little foolish. Not only that, but armageddon is where one player has an extra minute, so if they don't win they lose. That's right, a draw will also count as a loss for the player with the extra minute. That's armageddon.

In case you're curious I had my first exam yesterday. Bad... very bad. Maybe not, but that's my guess. We had an hour for 4 questions (one of them had 4 parts), and when I was doing homework I could spent 30-60 minutes just on questions similar to one of those parts.

Until next time, Ed.

No comments: