Wednesday, October 18, 2006

On the coast of somewhere beautiful

They were searching for intelligent life... they found me. Welcome to the stories of my life.

I don't understand it. The last few nights I've been playing 1 G/15 on the Internet Chess Club. Monday night I played a player with a slightly higher rating, had an amazing game, and won. Last night I played a player MUCH lower, he played an amazing opening/middlegame, and finally lost it in the endgame. Though with our 500 point rating difference I really expected much less from him. So he did well. Tonight I played someone with a slightly higher rating as well. I was crushed. It wasn't even a game. It was in an opening I know. By move 15 I was lost.

The other thing I don't understand - motivation. Why does everything always have to be at the last minute? My homework. I had a great summer doing my Linear Algebra homework. Week after week I spent hours, seriously, every night just to keep up. Now I find that every Wednesday I'm struggling to get my homework done for Thursday's class. What's wrong with me? It seems like the motivation finally hits me when we reach that point where most people will start saying that I'm never going to make it. Why do I need that? It's not like my life is all that exciting at other times. It's not like I've got a million other important things going on. Work and school. Everything else is just me wasting my time away.

Anyway, I've got to get back to my homework. I'm halfway done... so I have a chance of finishing it before class tomorrow! I've got a bunch of things I've been wanting to talk about. Total Pro Golf, Chess Assistant 9, The Guild 2, Neverwinter Nights 2. Lots of interesting stuff in the world of computer software, games, and chess. Ah well, another time.

And with the poker sites all "closing doors" to US business... sad, sad times.

Ed.

No comments: