Thursday, April 17, 2008

The Tin Man

I ordered some new chess books from Amazon.com this week.  In case you're wondering, the last time I ordered chess books from Amazon was on December 17th... of 2003!  Since I was probably at my chess peak in 2006, I think we can safely deduce that those chess books didn't directly impact my playing strength.  

Sadly, I continue to hold the title of the "Tin Man" of Chess.  The rust continues to be apparent.  You know the saying "It's going to get worse before t gets better"?  Thankfully, it's not going to get any worse!  The biggest piece is time management, and that should come back fairly quickly.

Tomorrow is still a day away, so why not give today a shot!

Ed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Which books did you order? How many chess books have you read cover-to-cover? Did they help much?