Tuesday, April 29, 2008

By any other name

Some might call it just another day. But in a world of inifinite possibilities, isn't every day unique? As these things go, it's a matter of perspective.

I've been continuing to play a bit of chess. Not nearly enough yet, but enough for now. It is a beginning. My first game was a long one. It was only a g/25, but it went on and on for 80 something moves. It was against a computer on the ICC rated about 100 points lower than I. For this point in my progession, I thought it would be good for a challenge. It was. I'm quite certain that I was lost, though I managed to keep my pieces very active and create threats. Ultimately, I won. It was a great feeling after fighting for so long.

After that I decided to play a few blitz games (g/3) against one of the computers rated about 1000 points higher than me. After getting blown out of the water for 2 games in a row, I actually drew the 3rd. That was a lot of fun as well.

Until next time,

Ed.

No comments: