Tuesday, February 28, 2006

The sun comes up

I'm starting to get a little nervous. Not nervous in the nervous sense, but nervous in the I suck and I don't know if I have enough time to do anything about it sense. My chessplaying is horrific and the weekend is coming quickly. We'll see what happens, hopefully I can feel reasonably well about it by Friday night. You know what they say, or at least what Garth says anyway...

As long as one heart still holds on, then hope is never really gone

I finally made some real progress on my project Sunday. I'm still behind, but at least I was able to get some quality work done. Though quality is, of course, purely subjective. Last night I had such a bad headache when I got home from work that I couldn't do anything but go to sleep for a while. I have a few goals that I really want to reach this week, so hopefully the headache's stay away. I am... only human. Worst case, if my chess isn't feeling so good this weekend, I've considered going to the tournament but not playing - just working on my project. I'm planning on playing, but it's a backup just in case.

My mother and sister arrived safely in Florida yesterday. They seem to be enjoying the near 70 weather while we freeze out here. I've never been a big fan of the "going to Florida" thing, but I gotta say that the 70's does sound nice. Speaking of nice, I watched the end of The Bachelor last night. My sister asked me to tape it for her, so I had it on the TV. Wow! You wonder how much of it is real. I thought the two finalists were amazing, that would have been a tough choice.

Time to get to work.

Ed.

No comments: