Thursday, February 02, 2006

I just don't belong

That was strange. I blinked, and the day is gone. What happened? Sleep, work, sleep, work, dentist, food, sleep, school, chess, blog, sleep. Confused? Me too! Welcome to my life.

I did submit my Statement of Purpose tonight to my instructor for my Senior Project. The decision: Chess Engine. After all these years, I guess I finally have to create it! I'm sure it'll be a blast to work on, so I'm pretty excited about that.

I'm still playing good chess, so that's good too. Another win tonight, though I won't go into the details. I'm hoping to continue playing daily through the month, getting ready to play in Sturbridge in early March. The Eastern Class Championships from March 3-5 to be exact. Then April 12-16 is the Foxwoods Open, and I'm definitely planning to play in that as well. My exact schedule I haven't decided yet. I may go down early, try to play a few days of poker, then play in the chess tournament, or I may decide to play an accelerated schedule for the chess tournament and use the first day or two to play poker. We'll see. After that no fixed plans until July/August, but you never know.

It's funny, but after being a "B" player for so many years I really don't feel like I'm any different. I feel like I'm a bit of an imposter, playing in the "A" section now.

What else can I say? Sleep well, and don't let the "Bend" bugs bite!

Ed.

1 comment:

Mr_Theory said...

"Bend" bugs neither bite nor cause excessive fright but may, indeed, merely comment upon your plight!

So now... to one and all, I bid thee a good night!