Saturday, February 18, 2006

I love rock'n'roll

In another typical display of my disorganized state, I came home from work Thursday to find an email from my professor - a reminder that our 1-3 page progress report was due that night. It really wasn't so bad. I actually found it very helpful because it made me put together a timeline and really see that I needed to get moving here. The only tough part was that I had to get up at 5:30 this morning so I really wanted to have an easy night last night. So it goes.

Today after work I ran down to the Hampshire Mall. I was originally going to go to Walmart, but Kip called them and they said they didn't have it. Have what you ask? Popular opinion has it that Guitar Hero is THE BEST GAME EVER!!! So, of course, I had to have it. When I got home, rather than start playing right away... I slept until 8pm. What can I say, I didn't get much sleep last night and I need sleep. I figured at some point before the end of the day I'd get a chance to find out how much I totally rock!

I went to D'Angelos for dinner. When I say I went, I mean I stopped, picked up my grinder, and went home. While I was there they made my grinder rather quickly. I kept telling myself, they're professionals, this is what they do, I'm sure it's fully cooked and it'll taste just fine. It was a cheeseburg grinder - my favorite! When I got home I opened it up... the red was soaking through the bun. So I threw it out and called Domino's. What else could I do?

I started watching "Red Eye" while I ate. I got about 30 minutes into it, and it's not too bad. But I wanted to rock!

So I rocked.

I'm hoping to cover the game in more detail over the next few days, But so far I would say it's good. Not "best game ever" good, but good. Then again, I was never a big fan of the hard rock. On "EASY" mode, the first song you play is "I love rock and roll". Before I started I played through the tutorial. I can't decide if I'm doing so well because I play the guitar, or if it's really that easy. Not that it's super easy, but on average I'm getting 93-95% of all the notes. I'll have to have someone else try it to compare. Maybe I can get my brother to try it this weekend. That would be fun!

Tomorrow morning Adam, Dave, and I are going to go bowling again. Let's see if I can top last weekend! Truth be told, I'll be surprised if I don't. 80? Come on.

I rock!

Have a great weekend!

Ed.

No comments: