Thursday, September 28, 2006

The World Championship

Wow, and I thought I had issues:

http://www.chessbase.com/newsdetail.asp?newsid=3370

Imagine, and these guys are two of the top chessplayers in the world. Still, it does seem unbelievable the claims against Kramnik. I'd certainly question if he was going to the "restroom" that often.

Right now, the match is 3-1 in Kramnik's favor. For Topalov, being the highest rated active player in the world and losing his first two games had to be a bit of a blow. That and Kramnik had been sick so he hadn't been playing as much over the past year or two, and his rating has gone down a little. But Topalov did have winning chances in those first two games, so I wouldn't put the possibility of cheating all that high on my list. Though you never know.

I originally guessed that Kramnik would win, though by a small margin. Either way, I was sure we'd finally have a unified chess title. Now, I guess we'll see...

Ed.

No comments: