Tuesday, September 12, 2006

In the books...

It's amazing how sometimes life just passes. Phases. We all go through phases. What does it all mean? I had my second class today. I find changing my hours at work difficult. I'm still ready to go at my normal time. Just doesn't work that way. Ah well, at least I'll be done. And I'm thankful for the opportunity to do it.

But for some reason I can't get myself into anything right now. Maybe it was because of the incredible high after the New York State Championship on Labor Day Weekend. How can you top that? My best chess result in over 10 years. But lately, motivation = 0. It'll pass. It always does.

My grade didn't help. I finally got my grade for my summer class. B+. It's not a bad grade, but knowing what I produced I was really hoping for more. I knew I had some weaknesses, so I really can't complain, but it's still a tough one. That's life. One big learning experience after another.

I'd been hoping to post some of my games from the New York State Championship - but again, that motivation thing.

My bike's back on the road. Yep, just in time to put it away for the winter. Oh well, I'll get a few rides out of it anyway. That was the plan. I knew it was foolish going into it, but I still couldn't stop myself. So I accept it.

Can't think straight tonight. Just one of those nights. Time for bed I think - get another day in the books.

There's a difference between knowing the path and walking the path. Why is walking so freaking hard?

Ed.

No comments: