Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Factorize this!

Last night I wanted to finish chapter 5 in my Linear Algebra book. I had to. My other class is definitely suffering due to the amount of time I've been spending on it. Unfortunately, when I got home from work/dentist/chris, I had some trouble concentrating. I slept until 7pm. I suck.

Then I did what any other self-respecting person would do. I went to D'Angelos and got a nice, large, cheeseburg grinder. Nice! When I got home I planned to eat and finish Chapter 5. So I got home and played a poker sit-and-go on the Internet. This was not going well. Finally, by 9pm or so, I was totally in the zone. Finally looking over my Linear Algebra. It actually felt pretty good. The problem was, this section was hard. Very hard.

After about an hour I just couldn't take it anymore. I decided that I was just going to go ahead and take the chapter 5 test. If I didn't do that well, at least the lowest grade is dropped. I was a little disappointed, because I really want to get an A and at the moment I'm clearly an A-. That and I'd have to get 100 on the final, which could be tough. Anyway, I had to do it.

I reviewed the Chapter 5 practice test/notes that the instructor had put out on the site, then finally settled down for the test. It was about 10pm, so I figured it would take about 2 hours. It did. I felt really good as I was taking the test. It was hard, but spread out. What I mean is that in the homework each problem could consist of 3-5 steps. In the test, each of those steps were separated out into a separate question. So that was nice. It allowed me to focus on each question without worrying about never finishing the test.

There was only one question on the test that really bothered me. It was one of those questions where I felt the answer was one thing, but I was coming up with something "slightly" different. I went with my feeling. Then it was over - 100%! Wow! I was so wired. After that I had to get to bed and it was hard to fall asleep. My mind was racing. It really felt great after the time and struggle that I've had with this last chapter to do so well. A lot of email help from the instructor, and Paul, along the way really helped.

As for tonight, well, time for the final! Then I can move on and let the other class take over my life for the next 5 days. Next Tuesday that will be done as well.

Until next time, Ed.

No comments: