Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Dumb and Dumber

I signed up for the chess tournament tonight. 13 minutes to spare! Unexpectedly... I got a laugh as the "thank you for your order" page came up:

Thank you for your order. Please print out this page and bring it to the tournament in the unlikely event there is a problem with your entry. If you cannot print this page, don't worry and don't contact us; we ask you to print the page to make less work for us, not more.

It's funny, but non-chessplayers seem to have this misconception that we chosen few, the royalty of the chessboard, are smarter than your average pawn. Truth be told, we're just as dumb as the rest of the world. In fact, in many cases, dumber. Dumb and dumber. Doesn't get much better than this!

For now I think I'll go to bed. Sleep - my personal expertise.

Ed.

No comments: