Saturday, July 01, 2006

Not like I would have played it

I can't seem to get the song "Millionaire Girlfriend" out of my head lately. I don't know why - it's not like I've got that problem. So Friday I spent most of the night working on my homework for Linear Algebra. I got home a little after 9pm and decided to spend some time playing Oblivion. How did it go? I played until 1AM, then I was up at 9AM playing again until about 7PM tonight (Saturday). It was awsome! I've overcome my previous issues, and my character is currently a Magician if I remember correctly. Next comes Warlock, but I think I need to work on a few other things in the game first. I've tried the quest for becoming a warlock and died pretty quickly.

I went to the chess club for a few hours. I ended up playing 3 games against Willie. I'm not exactly certain who Willie is, or how strong he is, but he was certainly playing reasonable. The first game I won on time, but since he was up a pawn we played it out and he won it. We played a second game and he dropped his Knight early and lost. He made a comment about us being 1-1, and wanted to play one more game. I didn't remind him that technically he lost the first game so he didn't actually have any points.

The third game he also lost on time but we continued playing. As my luck would have it, he got himself into a winning position. He must have had a mate on the board, though it wasn't easy to find. He had to keep checking me, or at least be very careful, because I was also threatening mate in 1. In the end, he made a bad choice and lost the game. Again, though, it was already lost on time.

Tonight ends my second full week using the spreadsheet. How did it go? I'll find out in the morning.

Until then!

Ed.

No comments: