Wednesday, July 12, 2006

The blinding light

Believe it or not I'm still listening to Jonathan Coulton. I enjoy the music and some of the lyrics. Though I'll admit that I wish the lyrics were a little more "mainstream". I think, at least for me, the songs would have a longer shelf-life that way. Aside from that, I'm still loving "The Riddle" by Five for Fighting. I know, you care. Thanks!

Lately my life's been fairly routine. Probably a little too routine. It consists of work, school, oblivion, and the west wing. I'm enjoying it - all of it - but it will definitely be nice to have the summer classes finished. I really didn't expect Linear Algebra to be as time consuming as it is. It's partly my fault, I'm determined to get an A. Especially after getting an 85 on the first test. I was disappointed, since I had been spending several hours a day on it. Since then I've taken 2 more tests and scored 100 on them both. So I'm back on track.

I have to go to school for my other class tomorrow, so we'll see how far behind I am on that one. That's my next goal - catch up with that. If only I could pull myself away from Oblivion on the weekend I'd be all set.

Gayle asked me the other day why I hadn't written anything in a while. She was referring to poetry. I like to think of it as music that only I can understand. Nothing personal, I'm more than happy to share the words. But the song, the music, the pictures - only I can see. I think it's better that way!

I saw a quote that I enjoyed the other day:

"An unsophisticated forecaster uses statistics as a drunken man uses lamp-posts, for support rather than for illumination".

I'll have to think on that one.

Until next time, Ed.

No comments: