Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Happy 4th of July

As another day quickly comes to an end, I hope you all had a good one. Happy 4th of July! It's been an interesting few days for me. This weekend I had planned on taking my Linear Algebra test and doing some work for my other class. As you may have noticed, at least from Saturday, I didn't do that. Oblivion! Will I ever get sick of it? I don't know, but I'm sure it won't be anytime soon.

I do need to get to bed. Work will be here before you know it. Today, to celebrate the holiday, I ate too much. It wasn't actually part of the plan, but you know how my plans go. It actually would have been a fine day if I didn't go to McDonalds for lunch. Always a mistake. Without even thinking that you're eating "too" much, 2000 calories pass by!!! Ouch. It's in the spreadsheet, though I'm not happy about it.

Again, I mostly played Oblivion. I am now the Grand Champion of the Arena, though I'll admit I'm a bit of a wussy. I noticed on some of the message boards that people have found some parts of the arena that you can jump on if you have a high enough acrobatics skill. I do. So I jumped out of range and kept summoning zombies to do my dirty work for me. Not much honor, but life isn't fair - why should Oblivion be! ;)

Oh yes, I finally took my Chapter 2 test for Linear Algebra tonight. I was pretty nervous. The first chapter I really spent a lot of time on and wanted to do well on the test. I only managed an 85, with the class average being around 86.5. So that was a bit of a letdown. This time I continued my trend of spending a lot of time, but added some last minute review before taking the test. It went well.

To finish off the day I watched "Find Me Guilty" with Vin Diesel. It's based on a true story about what they are calling "the most remarkable criminal trial in US history.". With comparisons to My Cousin Vinny, and with a brief role for Annabella Sciorra, I had certain expectations. It wasn't a bad movie, but it was no "My Cousin Vinny". And Vin Diesel... with hair... and putting on a few pounds for the role. I guess at least he was trying something different - and he did a pretty good job.

I've still got to make my plans to see "Superman Returns" this week. It's one of those I just have to see on the big screen.

Good night!

Ed.

No comments: