Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Some place that he'd rather be?

Civ... 4
What is it good for?
Absolutely nothing!

I haven't forgotten you all. Nope, just been a busy week. I still want to get my games up from the tournament this past weekend, so hopefully I'll get to that this weekend... if not sooner. I did want to mention that The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion has been delayed. Now it's due out by the end of February. I'll get by. I still haven't purchased Civ IV yet. It pains me to no end. I think part of it is because I loved Civ II so much, and didn't get into Civ III as much as I had hoped, so I'm going back and forth on whether it's actually worth the purchase. These days it's like that with everything. Sad. Very Sad.

It wasn't that many years ago that I used to go to the store every friday and look for a new game to buy. What I do now with DVD's I used to do with computer games. It was one of those weekly trips that first got me into Diablo way back in the late 90's. It turned out to be one of my favorite all-time games.

No chess tournaments this weeked. Larry and I decided not to go to Bradley to play. Instead we're going to play in the 1-day the following weekend in Florence. That gives me a little time to practice some more. I need to tune up my game a little bit after this past weekend. Primarily I need to look over my loss in much more detail. It was one of those games where I was sure at several points that I was better, but in the end I made the final mistake. And so it goes...

Alright, I'm getting super tired. An early night to bed I fear. Another sign of my impending age crisis. I was hoping I'd get another 20 years before I hit this point, but hey, at least I got, umm, forget that.

Have a good night! I hope that my friends out in Bend are doing well and missing me this year. Soon! Spring? We'll see. But not forgotten, never that!

Ed.

1 comment:

Mr_Theory said...

Greetings Eds!

We haven't forgotten you! WHEN ARE YOU GOING TO VISIT US??? Surely before Spring! Bree says hello!

I was going to be a wise guy and leave something on here about my "free knitting patterns" website but I figured I would leave that one well alone : ).

Good night sweet prince! Have a good night and rest up... still lots of games to be played in this life!! -Sean Tobin.