Monday, October 31, 2005

Green Mountain Open: Conclusion

It's over. Larry and I finished with 3.5/5 pts, so it was certainly a respectable score. I had 3 wins, 1 loss, and 1 draw. Larry had 3 wins, 1 loss, and a bye. He wasn't feeling that well on Saturday night so he took a round to recuperate. We walked away with $40 each, which partially covered the entry fee for the tournament. Paul Budney was also there and did not fare so well. The complete results are available at http://www.chesstour.com/gmo05r.htm

I'll be going over some of my games this week, so stay tuned for some excitement. I still have to decide it I'm going to play next weekend. We'll see. The Matrix: Path of Neo is due out for the PC on November 15th, so it's definitely looking to be one of the most exciting months in years for computer games. At least for me. I can't remember the last time there were several games out that I wanted to play. I haven't really gotten into a game in probably a few years. We'll see what the knockout combination of Civilization IV and Path of Neo can do. The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion is also due out later in the month, so very exciting indeed. Though if my trend continues, after several hours I'll be tired of them.

Alright, I suppose it's time to face another day.

Until next time.

Ed.

No comments: