Saturday, October 29, 2005

Green Mountain Open

Today is the big day. Larry and I will be going to Mount Snow this weekend to play in the Green Mountain Open. I've been trying to play more over the past 2 weeks to get "back in shape" and I've got to say, I'm playing terribly. I've been continually trying to complicate positions only to find that my opponent found better moves than I.

Sid Meier's Civilization IV came out this week, so if I wasn't going to play chess I'd certainly be locked up in my house all weekend playing this game. I'll have to keep those plans on hold until another available weekend shows up. Next week might be another tournament, we'll see. If I play really badly this weekend I may need to go next week just to try to recover :).

There is a famous saying that goes: Chess, like love, like music, has the power to make men happy. To be politically correct, I think at some point that was changed from "men" to "people". I must say, I think chess has power to do a lot more than make someone happy. Happy certainly doesn't describe the feeling after you've been crushed by someone rated hundreds of points lower than you.

Alright, I need to be moving. I'll be leaving in less than an hour and still far too much to do.

Have a great weekend!

Ed.

No comments: