Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Tivo

My tivo is now running on my wireless network. I did that tonight too. Ever since I got comcast digital voice, my tivo stopped being able to connect to the service over the phone to update its listings. I have no idea why since the phone works exactly like it used it. It gets tone. It rings. It buzzes. But it doesn't tivo. Go figure. But luck was with me. I had a wireless usb network adapter hanging around (since my pc had died a few months ago), and when I plugged it into my tivo and configured it, it just worked. Nice!

Why is that nice? It now downloads over the Internet, I can now record from my computer or, if I made my tivo available on the Internet then from anywhere, and I can watch my tivo saved shows on my computer through TivoToGo. I've got it all!

Nice!

Ed.

No comments: