Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Adept

In case anyone is wondering how my chess program is doing... better than I had expected! Not as good as I want it, so much left to do, but a great start. I've got it running on the Internet Chess Club this week, and it's doing pretty well. Here are the blitz stats:

(it runs under the handle chessadept)
Rating: 1570
Win: 12
Loss: 10
Draw: 1
Total: 23
Best: 1600

So it's currently rated at 1570, which is around the average rating of all chess players in the country. I'm pleased with that given it's my first attempt and at the moment there is so much more to do with it. I expect that before I'm done it will be rated over 2000. Then I'll rewrite it and have a much better program. I can't wait!

I also tried having it play some bullet games, but the time controls were just too fast for it. I could try cranking back the ply count so it would move faster, but I don't want to mess around with that right now. I'm happy with it simply playing 5 minute blitz games. As I make more changes to it I plan to be adding some code for handling different time controls. Then I'll probably try again.

For now, it works.

Ed.

No comments: