Sunday, June 24, 2007

2007_WMCA_Montgomery-Borowski


2007_WMCA_Montgomery-Borowski
Originally uploaded by firstfret
In Round 2 I was paired against Parker Montgomery. Parker was an Expert for many years and is always feared OTB. Since Parker was the highest rated player in the event not on our team, I knew this would be the toughest game for me.

In the final position I resigned. I didn't see a way out of it. After the game Parker told me he was surprised that I resigned. That the position was actually drawn. After we went over it for a while, it did appear that Black had some good resources and with best play should be able to draw.

I was a bit shaken up by this and determined to win my next round. Not always a great idea to let emotions come into play.

As a side note, I had Fritz look at the game. I was lost. LOST! So oddly enough I felt better about that.

So after 2 rounds, I'm 1 win, 1 loss.

Ed.

No comments: